ATTORNEY PROFILE —
Sabrina Meierhenry is an experienced and effective facilitator and communicator in a variety of settings including, but not limited to, formal and informal, professional, community and governmental. She has highly developed skills in persuasive and motivational communications, both written and oral and is knowledgeable in tactical and strategic planning through working with businesses and public/private organizations. Her strong ability in policy and program development makes her highly adept at working with civic organizations, public officials, departments and agencies. She has great ability in providing organizational development and planning functions including examination of policies and practices.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Natural talent at communication and facilitating. Skills, knowledge and aptitude for evaluating and analyzing while developing and implementing the mission, strategies and goals. I listen, observe and research a situation, issue or goal to analyze problems and possible solutions, find improvements and create short and long-term plans and goals. I have the skills and aptitude to analyze, facilitate and implement while managing the everyday needs of the organization. I have strong ability in prioritizing functions in a fast-paced environment while tracking various issues. I can provide attention to detail while maintaining perspective.
CURRICULUM VITAE —
B.A. Political Science and Criminal Justice Majors, French Minor
University of South Dakota – 1985
University of South Dakota – 1989
South Dakota Bar Association
Second Circuit Bar Association
U. S. Federal District Court
8th Circuit Court of Appeals
South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
National School Board Attorney, Council on School Attorneys
Meierhenry Sargent, LLP 1989 to Present
- General legal practice, performing constant written and oral communication.
- Legal, factual and issue research.
- Managing partner for HR functions.
- Advising and handling various PR issues for business, organizations and governmental entities.
- Skilled written communicator in a variety of formats, including correspondence, document drafting, state and federal court briefs.
- Effective verbal communication in a variety of situations, interpersonal, small group or large group, informative, persuasive, academic or governmental.
- Skill and ability in advising and authorizing action to be taken which ensures consistent application of company rules, regulations, and federal, state and local laws.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND OTHER EXPERIENCE
Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Museum, Director – 2000 to Present (Currently Chair)
- Instrumental in enabling the City of Sioux Falls and Zoological Society to continue the operation of the Zoo in the best interests of the City of Sioux Falls and the Zoo. Prime facilitator and negotiator with Zoological Society Board, Zoo Executive Committee and Candidate Search Committee, coordinating with City of Sioux Falls Mayor and City Directors along with Sioux Falls City Council. Principal in the creation and negotiation of the terms of the management agreement. Worked to establish and solidify the new leadership and organizational structure of the Zoo.
Sioux Falls School District, Middle School Review Committee – 2005 to 2006
Sioux Falls Singing Boys, Board of Directors – 2003 to Present
SD Bar Association – Public Information Committee and Ask-A-Lawyer Committee, Chair – 2002 to Present
Sioux Falls School District
- Classroom Volunteer, working with individual children on reading and math skills, providing classroom leadership periodically while regular teacher attends Professional Learning Community Time– 1998 to Present
- Sioux Falls School District Site Council, Member to Chair – 1998 to 2003
Pizza Bingo Committee – Member to Chair, – 1999 to 2003
YMCA 5th Grade Volleyball Coach – 2006
SD Infant Loss Center – Board of Directors, 1999 to 2003
Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
- Church School Education Committee Chair – 2002 to 2004
- Church School Teacher – 1998 to 2005
Attorney Investigator for Sioux Falls Human Relations Commission
United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission certified investigator
School District Attorney